Thursday 23 April 2015

Clouds


I’m looking up at you as you skim and billow free
Across the blue horizon that is a foreign land to me.
I see your face, I recognise your shape, a pattern in the sky
And day by day round the sun you drape as thoughts just flutter by.
I miss you and if I’m honest, I never thought I would.
I realise now that we were both to blame. We were misunderstood.
Is that your face? So overcast? Shapeshifter you’re laughing at me.
For I am still rooted to the ground while you are journeying free.
I am sorry for the pain. I regret my judgement was clouded.
But I’m glad that you still remain protected in fluffy white shrouded.
Cloud spotting, I see you’re amused as you drift towards the west.
We may never meet again but another will come, as you have earned your rest.
The mother cloud that gave you birth may stay the same or perhaps reshape
But the heart of the cloud is constant still and you can never escape.
I’m looking up at you and there’s a hot tear in my eye
The sun breaks through and you are gone, but this not good-bye.


By Linda Prince


© Raymond Shobe


 
 
 

No comments: