Saturday 19 September 2020

 Round the World to see how far it is - 09


Wish you were here

 

I am here and you are there,

It wouldn’t really matter if I didn’t care.

You are there and I am here,

You are reading Shakespeare, I'm on Baudelaire.

 

I am here and you are in another place,

And between us the empty void of airspace.

You are over there and I am in the zone,

You are by the Thames and I am by the Rhône.

 

You are in the present and I am in the past,

Laissez-faire for one and the other an enthusiast.

You want to stay and I want relocation,

You are based in the City and I’m in a foreign location.

 

Would it ever work, would that you were here?

You love darling Charlotte, I love suave Pierre.

If I’m really honest and if I really dare,

I really wish I stay here and you can stay right there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: