Sunday 26 April 2015

Beyond the Door


It’s a little ajar, who went before?
Who has passed by and entered the door?
Am I on the outside? Or am I within?
Who knows where the barrier does begin?
The portal of portents, if I pass things will change
For over the threshold things rearrange.
How can it let me in but keep others out?
How can it bring escape whilst brewing up doubt?
Should I knock and then enter or run from the blockade?
Should I flee for my life or pass on unafraid?
It’s starting to close, should I take up the gamble,
And with fingers scraping to prise the wooden wormhole open
Enter a new world and a new life unspoken?
For even a false door divides without from within
And marks where you are going from where you have been.
The illusion is reality, for what lies beyond
Is silently waiting and watching for you to respond.


By Linda Prince 


No comments: